Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

ff 6

This Week's question is by Alaskan Book Cafe
 
 
Q. It's that pesky magic book fairy again! She has another wish: 
What imaginary book world would you like to make a reality?

A:  What a great question…. What world would I want to make a reality?  There are many places, but they all blur together.  Wouldn’t it be wonderful to live in one of the kingdoms?  None of the kingdoms that have truly heinous beasts or really bad black magic would do, though.   One that sticks out in my mind would be the world from Two Princesses of Bamarre.  This was a wonderful book, a little sad, but wonderful all the same.  It’s been some time since I have read it, but when I think kingdoms, this is the book that pops to the forefront.

Another place that I wouldn’t mind visiting would be Jane Austen’s Regency world.  I have walked the streets of Bath and wonder what it would have been like to circle the Pump Room on an afternoon, to greet your friends and neighbors, or to dance in the Assembly Hall.  Then there is afternoon tea at the neighboring manor for a half hour of gossip.  Could I gossip for half an hour?  Don’t forget your country parties where you idle the days away with lawn games, charades and reading.  Though, if it were fantasy meets reality, I think I would have indoor plumbing!
  
 “As a book blogger, how do you introduce yourself in your profile?”
 
Never really thought about it until now.  I did have just a quick blurb about what I won't read and that I am a reviewer for Romancing the Book.
So....I went to the 'Me' page and added a few more things.  I am somewhat of a private person and don't like to share too many details of my life.  If you are a good detective, you might be able to piece things together.
But I do spell out what I like in books.  Endings are very important...since it's the last thing you read of a story, it can sour the taste of the story if the author is not careful. I also like characters that are believable, human, and someone you care about or hate (if that is the author's intention).
Mainly...I love books and reading.  Our house is a little more complete since we got our bookcases up.  I will find myself staring at the book case...looking at all of my 'friends' just sitting there, waiting to tell their stories!
 
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...