Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

ff 7

This Week's question is by Starcrossed
 
 Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read.
 
Q. What book that hasn't been turned into a movie (yet) would you most like to see make it to the big screen, and who would you like cast as your favorite character?

A:  Recently I read 'A Weekend with Mr. Darcy' by Victoria Connelly.  I think it would make such a fun movie!  And, I could see Hugh Jackman playing the part of Warwick Lawton.  Without giving anything away...there is a certain scene in the book that would be very amusing to watch...kind of like Robert DeNiro in 'Star Dust'!  (if you catch my drift!)  I do agree with many others that movies tend to ruin books, but this is written well enough, with enough humor and so many stories going on, it would play very well on the screen!  

Book Blogger Hop


“In honor of Banned Books Week, what is your
favorite “banned or frequently challenged book”?”

One summer in high school I did a 'banned book' reading list.  I can't remember how many I completed then, but here a few I do remember reading that summer.

The Scarlet Letter
1984
Fahrenheit 451
The Catcher in the Rye
The Great Gatsby

I don't know what my favorite would have been.  Probably 'Diary of a Young Girl' by Anne Frank.


Here are some surprising ones (to me, at least):


Webster's Ninth New Collegiate Dictionary  
Are you there God, It's Me, Margaret
Captain Underpants
James and the Giant Peach 
That was then, This is now
Black Beauty



I just find it incredible that some people feel that they can say what you should  not read (or what they cannot do!).  If you don't like it, don't read it (or do it!)!  

“The books that the world calls immoral are books that 
show the world its own shame.”
Oscar Wilde
 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...