Pages

Monday, December 12, 2011

top ten Gift Books for others

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists! Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists.


Top Ten Books I Want To Give As Gifts 
(and to who...even if you won't actually give them!)

Wow... a tough one this week.  Ten books to give away…what would they be and to whom.  I would have to know ten people…

     1.      I Almost Divorced My Husband, but I Went onStrike Instead by Sherri Mills for my girlfriend who is having problems with her husband…before hearing about this book, I told her to go on strike…
     2.      Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins – to our eldest who enjoyed the first book, and we had so much fun running around Paris trying to find some of the spots that were mentioned in the book... but I know she would rather 1Q84 instead.
     3.      Cinder by Marissa Meyer – not out yet, but I think our other daughter would enjoy this one.
     4.      The Sleeping Beauty Proposal by Sarah Strohmeyer to my friend in Tampa – she needs a fun read, and didn’t want to mention The Cinderella Pact, but she always reminded me of Cinderella… she just needs to find the right Prince!
     5.      Emma by Jane Austen to our youngest daughter, as I could easily see her be like Miss Woodhouse.
     6.      Emily and Einstein by Linda Francis Lee to my step-mom.  She has always been curious as to what her dogs are thinking, and I think she would get a kick out of Einstein.
     7.      What to Expect the First Year by Heidi Murkoff, et al. for our nephew and his wife with their brand new baby.
     8.      A Weekend with Mr. Darcy by Victoria Connelly for my friend in Tempe.  She has professed a love of Jane Austen, and she needs some ‘girl’ time with two small boys in the house.
     9.   A Kindle Fire for…ME!  So I can keep on reading and take breaks and play games! (is that cheating?!?)

     What books would you give to the people in your life...and why?


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...