Pages

Monday, January 6, 2014

Top 10 Resolutions of 2014



…of a bookish, or not so bookish, nature!
The Broke and the Bookish are our fearless Hosts!

Wow… only TEN?!?!  This year, I have Intentions! (Better than resolutions because I am not solving problems, but setting up better behavior patterns.)

Here it goes:

1.  Write reviews RIGHT AFTER finishing a book!  Last year I slipped a bit, and then forgot salient details of a book and it made it difficult to write reviews…to the point where I just gave the books “stars” and not write anything.

2.  Use re-usable bags when I go shopping, or buy a new one if I forget to grab the bags out of the back of my car. (You should see my collection!)

3.  Blog at least twice a month (through memes or reviews or whatnots) on this space.  

4.  Get more movement in to my week.  My only exercise should not be pacing in the classroom while lecturing.

5.  Finally read: *takes deep inhale to recite long list* Mansfield Park, Possession, Major Pettigrew’s Last Stand, Divergent, Searching for Captain Wentworth, The Orchid Affair, Mr. Darcy and the Secret of Becoming a Gentleman…. *exhales* - just to name a few!

6.  Finish writing my cookbook – it’s a work in progress!

7.  Visit more blogs to find even MORE books for my TBR monster pile (534 books and counting!)

8.  Write an article for Mind Body Green and a local monthly magazine.

9.  Read more of the ARCs that I have received and finally review them.

10.  Re-read my half-novel and FINISH it… and maybe self-publish if no one wants to publish it.  I don’t know why they wouldn’t want to, though!

What are your “resolutions”?  Would love to hear about them.  Maybe we can compare notes and get even more things to do – like do a Reading Challenge!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...